Friday, June 27, 2008

Make Sure They Don't See My Face

todays music post comes from an ethiopian born, virginia raised artist named kenna, who just happens to be good pals with chad hugo and pharrell williams. hugo and williams, who executive produced his sophomore release, "make sure they see my face" (one of the top 5 albums in '07, in my opinion) also churned out the beats for the bulk of this project. but interestingly enough, they didn't work as the neptunes, they opted to do solo work instead, chad produced eight of the tracks and pharrell produced two. seriously though, together or separate, these guys could play a farting porcupine, and it would have hit making potential. but not to be sidetracked, here is the first, and i believe only single from "make sure they see my face", "say goodbye to love". and check out his first album as well, "new sacred cow"... now you may enjoy.

5 comments:

Niki McNeill Brown said...

this was my definitely in my top 5 last year! i still listen to it like it new...

Miss_Yahya said...

and what do u know about kenna?! been rocking him for a minute...

iSo14below said...

OMG!! Kenna was the soundtrack to my Sex and the City weekend! That was the only cd played for 3 days straight. Besides him being ridiculously gorgeous he's an amazing artist!

BMUnanimous said...

Def has a groove I like. VA represent!!

Dead Man Writing said...

I like his sound, something new and refreshing!